BE A HERO BEHIND THE SCENES!
Welcome! Mill Valley Film Festival is celebrating its 46th year Oct. 5-15 and we need your support!
Ready to be at the heart of this dynamic event? We are looking for reliable, hard working, positive team members.
- Be able to commit to a minimum of one full day of volunteering (approx. 5 – 10 hours)
- Attendance at our volunteer orientation in early October
- All scheduled volunteers will receive one (1) digital voucher code per shift to be redeemed online or at the box office to guarantee entry through the general line when not on shift. These codes can also be gifted to your friends / family. Shifts that are 6+ hours = 2 vouchers
- Pending availability, we will be holding a specific number of seats for volunteers to slide in and watch films while on shift, with the caveat that duties as assigned must still be fulfilled. Note that this applies only to those programs with capacity to provide this benefit.
- Invitation to a Volunteer Mixer, the Volunteer Appreciation Dinner & a movie!
- The option to trade in *5* leftover vouchers for an Associate Level CAFILM Membership.
- Event Support
- Audience Favorite Balloting
- Ticket Scanning
- In-theater Mic Runners
- Line Management
- Lobby Liasons
- VR Support
- Filmmaker Registration Support
VOLUNTEER CODE OF CONDUCT:
You are an ambassador and the face of CAFILM and the Mill Valley Film Festival Film Festival to both patrons and to the public at large. As a volunteer you are expected to:
- Have fun!
- Treat all patrons, visitors, artists, staff and fellow volunteers with respect and courtesy
- Conduct yourself in a friendly and professional manner
- Do not consume alcohol or drugs while on a shift and do not report for duty while under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Show up on time and dress appropriately for your shift
- Contact the Volunteer Department immediately when you need to cancel a shift
- Work through your entire shift
- Keep all information you handle confidential
YOU CAN EXPECT THE FOLLOWING FROM MVFF STAFF:
- Respect, courtesy, and clarity of expectations
- Appreciation for your efforts
- Willingness to address your concerns and answer your questions
- A safe work environment
- To be informed about role or shift changes as early as possible
THANK YOU TO OUR VOLUNTEER PROGRAM SPONSOR